I is for Invocation
1. the act of invoking or calling upon a deity, spirit, etc., for aid, protection, inspiration, or the like; supplication.
2. any petitioning or supplication for help or aid.
3. a form of prayer invoking God's presence, especially one said at the beginning of a religious service or public ceremony.
4. an entreaty for aid and guidance from a Muse, deity, etc., at the beginning of an epic or epiclike poem.
5. the act of calling upon a spirit by incantation.
I think it’s appropriate that I have this word as it falls just a day after the 29th of the Month (The Moon ofHecate) and just before the Riteof Her Sacred Fires which is next Sunday May 6th. Invoking is something most of us doing during our rituals. We invoke the Guardians to ask they come and watch over our circle. We invoke our Gods and Goddess to aid us in our lives.
I’d like to share with you the Invocation I plan to participate in during the Right of Her Sacred Fires which can be found here.
I invoke thee, Great Mistress of the Heaven, Earth and Sea,
By your mysteries of Night and Day,
By the Light of the Moon and the Shadow of the Sun
I invoke thee, Mistress of life, death and rebirth
Emerge now from the shadow realm to feed my soul and enlighten my mind,
Triple-formed Mistress of the three ways
I entreat thee, Key-bearing Mistress of the Nightwandering Souls
To bring forth your wisdom from amongst the stars
To bring down your starfire from the darkness between,
Creatrix of Light!
Goddess of the Shadow Realms! Light-bearing queen!
Whisper now your secrets!
Fire-bringer! Earthly-one! Queen of Heaven!
Namaste and Blessed Be